The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, highly recommend that children ages 6 to 17 years do 60 minutes or more of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity daily. This can be something that is extremely hard to do as schedules fill us, school physical education continues to be cut, and more engaging things like technology at home for most kids.
Exergame is leading a new movement incorporating technology into fitness. We provide a new way to engage people in fitness, through gamification and technology. By doing this, we create socially engaging, supportive, and inviting fitness communities worldwide.
Some Health Benefits of Exercise and Exergaming Include:
– Improves attention and memory
– Reduces risk of depression
– Builds strong muscles and endurance
Heart and Lung Health
– Improves blood pressure and aerobic fitness
– Helps maintain normal blood sugar levels
– Reduces risk of several chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes and obesity
– Strengthens bones
– Helps regulate body weight and reduce body fat
Besides enjoying the health benefits of regular exercise, fit kids sleep better. Exercise improves school performance and makes kids less likely to develop depression. Kids who exercise regularly are also better able to handle physical and emotional challenges too!
Contact Exergame to learn more!