The Hill Air Force Base in Utah, offers a wide range of programs for youth and teens, including youth sports and recreation programs, educational programs and programs that support leadership and career development. Exergame has a long history of working directly with the MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation Programs) within the Military, especially for kids!
Recently we were able to work with the Hill AFB to provide one of our most popular options, the iDANCE is a multiplayer wireless DDR system that is great for large group activities!
Exergaming, which combines exercise with video games, can be a valuable tool in child and youth programs on military bases. Here are several ways in which exergaming can be utilized:
Physical Fitness Promotion:
- Exergaming encourages physical activity by making exercise engaging and enjoyable for children and youth.
- It helps in promoting cardiovascular health, improving coordination, and enhancing overall fitness levels.
- Multiplayer exergames can foster a sense of teamwork and camaraderie among military children and youth.
- Cooperative gameplay encourages collaboration, communication, and mutual support.
- Exergaming provides a constructive outlet for stress relief, which can be particularly beneficial for children and youth in military families facing unique challenges.
- Engaging in physical activity has been linked to stress reduction and improved mental well-being.
If your military base is looking for exciting fitness based options, exergame may be right for you! This integration ensures that the benefits of exergaming complement other aspects of the child and youth programs.