One of the hardest things for many non-profit organizations is to inspire more donor dollars to support their cause. While many non-profit programs can have a tremendous impact on the community, finding ways to continue to get them to give back can be an uphill battle.
Recently in our work with the the Boys & Girls Club of Lower Naugatuck Valley, they shared a story on how they have used the Exergame room as a space to generate more interest from local businesses, corporations, and board members to continue to support the cause.
- Host exergaming events as fundraisers where participants, including donors, can join in the physical activities.
- Promote the event as a fun and unique way to support the Boys and Girls Club, attracting both donors and participants.
- Offer sponsorship opportunities for local businesses or individuals to support exergaming events.
- Sponsors could have their logos displayed during the event, and their contributions can go directly toward the fundraising goal.
- Create team-based exergaming challenges where participants form teams and compete against each other.
- Encourage donors to sponsor specific teams, with the funds raised going towards the Boys and Girls Club.
Recognition for Donors:
- Recognize donors who contribute to exergaming initiatives through public acknowledgments, certificates, or other forms of appreciation.
- Highlight the impact of their contributions on the health and well-being of the children served by the Boys and Girls Club.
By integrating exergaming into fundraising strategies, Boys and Girls Clubs can not only raise funds but also generate enthusiasm and community involvement. This approach aligns with the interests of donors who appreciate innovative and active ways to support a worthy cause.