At the Skagit YMCA in Washington, they offer a variety of programs and activities for teenagers aimed at promoting physical fitness, personal development, leadership skills, and community engagement.
Recently Exergame was lucky enough to establish a new level of fun and fitness at the YMCA with our interactive fitness products. Exergaming, also known as video game-based exercise, can be a great option for kids who enjoy technology and may be more likely to engage in physical activity if it involves the use of technology.
This program will now be used by a variety of different programs at the YMCA, Some of these include:
- Teen Fitness: With our Exergaming room they now have a dedicated fitness area and class tailored to teenagers. These programs help teens stay active, learn about healthy living, and develop good exercise habits.
- Youth Sports: Interactive fitness is a perfect fit for programs that focus on skill development, teamwork, and building a sense of sportsmanship.
- Leadership Development: Why not have some of your teens and tweens mentor some younger members on the benefits of fitness gaming! These programs help teenagers develop leadership skills, civic engagement, and a sense of social responsibility.
- Teen Nights: Many YMCA branches host special events, workshops, and social gatherings specifically designed for teenagers. With our Exergame space these events offer a safe and fun environment for teens to socialize and connect with their peers.
- Family Events: Get the whole family involved, and build it around some of our active gaming options!
It’s a good idea to contact your local YMCA to see how Exergame can be a part of your future teen programs!